Hope Springs Eternal in the Human Heart

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

a celebration of 3.33 decades of life





Last Saturday night I had the honor of celebrating my 33rd birthday with Mr. Mike Murrow and other fun friends (because Murrow turns 33 four days after me). What a great night--everything I could have wanted. Dear friends, good food, silly fun, deep talks...all in just a few hours. I must admit that the award for favorite present received goes to Matt and Heather Troxell, who gave me a framed clipping of my picture and quote that were recently featured in the Good Times. I am now SO immortalized--thank you Troxells :) (and i love the cancer-causing mug as well).

Many thanks to those of you who were there, it was so good for my heart just to see and be with you...and please just know that I miss you guys deeply. My drive home was sad...there certainly ain't community for me up here like there is down there. Hm...perhaps Jesus will bring me back down there sometime soon...in a more permanent sense...

Enjoy the pics my friends!! Mikey...it's always an absolute joy to share the bday with you. Happy 33, my friend! (ps check out Murrow's blog for more pics) (pps yes it looks like there's loads of alcohol and yes it's just for show...well, mostly)

4 Comments:

  • Happy B-day, Holly! You look to be as fun and cheerful as ever. I caught your comment from over at Mike's blog. Good to see your face again.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 2:46 PM  

  • HOLLY!! I just found "you"! So awesome. Missing you my friend! Keep bloggin...

    By Blogger Gibbytron, at 1:05 AM  

  • I love how in the second picture you can't even see Copey, Josh, and myself. Good times!! It was so fun to see you, friend! Come back soon...

    By Blogger Smarshie, at 7:01 PM  

  • 33 you're like an Oak Tree.. Wise and strong. I wanna sit under your branches and soak in the wisdom...

    By Blogger Thegoodz, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home